Friday 17 June 2011

Welcome to my Fundraising Blog!

Hi all

I have decided to start keeping a blog of my fundraising activities after being asked by quite a few people about what I was getting involved with and the events that we are running for the CF Trust.

For those of you who do not know about my fundraising and challenges, I will give you an introduction here :)

I have been fundraising for the CF Trust now for around 18 months, since my oldest friend Kirsty was admitted to hospital in November 2009 after taking a turn for the worse from CF. In March 2010, our beautiful friend could not fight any longer with this cruel disease and passed away at the young age of 21.

Since then, I have been fundraising alongside a number of other friends and family members to raise money in Kirsty's memory for the CF Trust.

In September 2010, I trekked Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa to Uhuru Peak, the highest free standing mountain in the world. Through sponsorship for my challenge and through other events, we managed to raise almost £7000 for the charity.

In April 2012, I am taking on another challenge where I will be trekking the remote Lares region in the Peruvian Andes, to 4,600m altitude, 8-9 hours a day for 6 days with the aim of raising another £4000 for the CF Trust. This year, we will be running numerous events and fundraising activities to help raise these much needed funds for the charity.

I will aim to keep this blog up-to-date with fundraising activities, events, CF Trust information and our progress. Please visit my donation page to help support the trust. www.virginmoneygiving.com/EmilyShimellForCF

Many thanks

Emily

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you're already over £1,000 as of today. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete